The new 8-week class option is available for a majority of Rio Salado College’s online classes. If you prefer fast-paced classes, this option is for you!
What are the advantages of 8-week classes?
- Lets you complete more classes in a shorter period of time
- Empowers you to go from part-time to full-time status
- Leads to faster degree completion
How does the 8-week class option work?
- Check Rio Salado's online class schedule to see if a class is offered in the 8-week format.
- For most classes, you select the 8-week option when you start your class in RioLearn.*
- If you choose not to select the “8-week class option,” your class remains its original length (e.g. 14 weeks).
*Some Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition and Geology classes require you to select the 8-week class section at time of registration.
How do 8-week classes differ from other classes?
- Assignments are more spread out
- Trying to balance 4 classes at a time (12 credits) with work, family and other responsibilities often requires students to go from full-time to part-time status
- Averages 1-2 lessons per week
- Requires focus and strong study skills, but allows for flexible time-management
- Assignments are more concentrated
- Students complete a full-time course load (12-credits) while taking just 2 classes at a time, in two 8-week sessions over a 16-week period
- Averages 3-4 lessons per week
- Requires a concentrated level of focus and a more structured study regimen
**Class lengths may vary depending on the course.
Start earning your degree today! Contact Rio Salado College for information about our 8-week classes, degree programs, enrollment, financial aid and more.