The Chancellor’s Scholarship is offered annually to one student at each college to acknowledge and reward those who demonstrate the very highest academic achievement and service. A committee at each college selects a student recipient to represent their institution.
- Award - The scholarship awards an amount up to 18 letter-graded credits of in-county tuition and fees for a full academic year (excluding summer sessions) and provides $250 a semester for books and supplies.
- Eligibility – Chancellor's Scholars are not eligible for additional/concurrent support through the Presidents’ Scholarship, the Honors Achievement Award and Foundation Scholarships.
Applications for the Chancellor's Scholarship will become available in February 2017.
Foundation Scholarships are presented by the Maricopa Community Colleges’ Foundation to reward and encourage highly motivated, academically gifted students.
- Award – Each college is awarded $1,000 per college year. The Scholarship Committee will determine how the scholarships will be awarded.
- Eligibility – To be eligible, a current Honors student must maintain a cumulative MCCCD GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Applications for the Foundation Scholarship will become available in February 2017
Honors Achievement Awards*
Awards vary from $244 to $500 depending upon the total number of successful credits completed during the fall/spring semester and determined when final letter grades are posted at the end of each term. Please see the table below.
|TABLE A: Configuration of Fee Waiver
|Student Load Hours
|6 - 8
|9 - 11
*Honors Achievement Awards will be applied to your student account based on your establishment of eligibility and based on lawful presence in U.S. on HB2008 requirements and financial aid disbursement procedures at the end of the semester or completion of all classes. This requirement consists of filling out the Student Declaration Form and submitting an approved HB2008 citizenship document. Students most commonly provide an Arizona driver’s license (front and back copy) U.S. Passport or birth certificate.
For a full list of acceptable documents please visit: https://chancellor.maricopa.edu/sites/default/files/LegCompHB.pdf.
It is important to note, even if you have fulfilled the HB2008 requirement, you may not be eligible for a REFUND. If you have received a federal financial aid package that has maxed out your Cost of Attendance, you will receive your Honors Achievement Award via a reduction in your unsubsidized loan package.
For more information about Cost of Attendance please visit: http://www.riosalado.edu/financial_aid/Pages/CostofAttendance.aspx.
Criteria To Apply
- Successful completion of 12 or more letter-graded college-level credits (100 or 200 level courses) at Rio Salado College or another MCCCD college and a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- Completion of online Honors Program application;
- Placement test scores may not be used for Honors Achievement Award eligibility.
Requirements To Maintain Scholarship
- Successful completion of at least 6 credits of letter-graded college-level courses (100 or 200 level) each semester;
- Successful completion (grade of C or higher) of at least one 3 credit hour Honors course each semester;
- Cumulative MCCCD GPA of 3.25 or higher;
- Completion of one Co-Curricular Activity each semester;
- Students who fall below the required cumulative MCCCD GPA may re-apply to the Honors Program once their GPA has been raised;
- Students who are readmitted to the Honors Program must meet new requirements that are in effect.