Award - Full time in-county tuition up to 15 credits and registration fee up to four consecutive fall and spring semesters of Maricopa Community College District coursework.
This scholarship does not cover:
- Any expenses for pass/fail course
(a) Exception: Required, degree specific pass/fail courses are within scholarship guidelines.
- Tuition for summer session.
- Graduate from a North Central Association (NCA) accredited high school in Maricopa County.
- Rank in the top 15% of the class at the end of 6th, 7th or 8th semesters.
- Apply to the Honors Program at any MCCCD college
- Enroll in an MCCCD college within one academic year after high school graduation.
- Students must not enroll in any other post-secondary institution between high school graduation and first enrollment at MCCCD, summer school exclude.
Placement Test Scores (ASSET, COMPASS or ACCUPLACER)
- Applies to graduates from NCA accredited high schools within Maricopa County whose standings fall below the top 15th percentile.
- Applies to students who complete secondary educational programs in Maricopa County not accredited by NCA (home school), charter and private schools).
- GED graduates are eligible for the Presidents’ Scholarship by placement test scores only if the GED is completed before the individual’s 19th birthday.
To receive this scholarship, students must be eligible to receive the Honors Achievement Award.