SEM is the college’s effort to provide quality offerings and services to meet the needs of the communities we serve by taking into account the fluctuating levels of resources, funding support, district initiatives and environmental/demographic changes.
- Kishia Brock, Vice President of Student Affairs
Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) represents the collaborative initiatives, communications, energies and efforts of the Enrollment Management team as well as many constituencies across departments, divisions and locations of the college. Rio Salado College’s SEM is aligned with the Strategic Initiative Goal #3: Student Success and Goal #5: Engagement, Innovation and Blue Ocean. These two goals combined focus on “...review[ing], measure[ing] and improve[ing] processes, practices and services to increase student success while…innovating to support and engage our current and future stakeholders to serve their educational needs.”
To realize the Maricopa Community College District's vision as an accountable, collaborative, and increasingly interdependent network of 10 community colleges focused on learning and student success, the strategies employed by the Division of Student Affairs and Advancement at Rio Salado College continuously and directly support both institutional and system goals. In addition to meeting the college and district mission, SEM at RSC intends to also align with the college’s strategic plan, to meet the needs of Rio Salado College’s local and national communities, to maintain educational quality, and to attain the college’s FTSE goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Integration of advertising, recruitment, outreach, retention, persistence and communication efforts to increase college enrollment while being consciences of public stewardship of resources.
- Enhancement of excellence to improve student learning and success through recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Identification, promotion and assessment of best practices which result in improved learning by students, faculty, staff, administrators and other constituents.
The primary strategies employed to improve student learning work toward addressing the need to improve recruitment strategies, intake procedures, retention, and graduation rates. SEM is the college’s effort to provide quality offerings and services to meet the needs of the communities we serve taking into account fluctuating levels of resources, funding support, district initiatives and environmental/demographic changes.
SEM at RSC has 10 major categories. The plan incorporates both annual marketing and outreach activities. It relies on the college’s ongoing alliances with our corporate/government partners, early college high schools, in-state and out-of-state entities, Arizona Department of Education and the community. Based upon an assessment of the existing college resources, national, local and student influences and the strategic goal of the college to continually review, measure, and improve processes, practices and services to increase student success, the following goals have been identified to support SEM at the college:
- Improve student success, retention and persistence
- Enhance and stabilize student enrollment services to improve the student experience
- Actively engage the community through organizational responsiveness
- Transform the learning experience through data analytics and institutional accountability
- Improve and expand high-quality course and program offerings
- Strategically expand online educational offerings through promotions locally and nationally
- Brand all college locations as service centers with expanded educational pathway options
- Develop and strengthen local and national partnerships for added promotional value
- Continually evolve marketing, outreach and student intake procedures
- Continually enhance the college’s image and communications with students and the community
Administrator Sponsors & Members:
- Kishia Brock, Vice President of Student Affairs & Advancement
- Dr. Jennifer Freed, Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Kevin Bilder, Associate Dean of Student Affairs & Advancement
- Ryan Chase, Associate Dean Student Affairs & Compliance
- Ruby Miller, Associate Dean of Judicial Affairs
- Matt Freed, Director of Institutional Advancement
- Enrollment Management Committee Members