The Community Development Division offers educational programs and services of the highest quality that reflect the needs established by the communities they serve, and are designed to provide greater opportunities for students to achieve their academic and career goals.
Community Development team members, are responsible for expanding students’ access to college bridge pathways and post-secondary education, increasing retention and degree completion, and forging partnerships with business and community leaders, government agencies, school districts, and other higher education institutions, to boost resources and enhance student's opportunities for success. Additionally, Community Development provides administrative oversight of Rio Salado College’s nine valley-wide locations, including the Communiversity at Surprise and the Communiversity at Queen Creek.
Community Development’s areas of responsibility include:
Department & Locations Leads
- Dr. Jo Jorgenson, Dean, Instruction & Community Development
- Barbara Khalsa, Associate Dean, Instruction & Community Development
- Blair Liddicoat, Associate Dean, Instruction and Community Development
- Michael Pattarozzi, Associate Dean, Instruction & Community Development
- Charles Flanagan, Director of Community Partnership Programs
- Elizabeth Cole-Fay, Director of Community Partnership Programs
- Greg Pereira, Interim Director of Community Partnership Programs
- Miranda Lopez, Director of Community Partnership Programs
- Lily Beth Brazones, Director of Community Partnerships, College Bridge Pathways