Be a College Student Now!
Did you know you don’t have to wait to graduate from high school to start earning college credit? Rio Salado College’s Early College Opportunities provide a variety of ways for high school students to jump start their college education.
Through Early College opportunities, High School students will...
- Earn college credits from the only NACEP (National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships) accredited Dual Enrollment Program in the state
- Save money - classes are a fraction of the cost of universities --- save on college tuition and textbooks too
- Be stress free - credits will transfer to the in-state university of their choice as well as many out-of-state colleges and universities (verification recommended)
- Have access to scholarships based on financial need
- Save time - finish college faster
Students can earn high school and college credit simultaneously through one or more of our Early College Opportunities.
Early College Opportunities
Dual Enrollment Classes
Classes are held on your high school campus and are taught by your high school teachers during the regular school day. Teachers are college certified and use the college curriculum and a college level textbook.
Concurrent Enrollment Classes
You choose a class from Rio Salado's more than 500 online classes. Upon approval from your high school, you may earn both high school and college credit when you complete the class. To participate you must obtain prior approval from your high school and must submit a special admission form.
Early College Partnerships
Rio Salado brings college to your high school by offering online classes and the variety of college services at your school.
Rio Salado College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Students are generally successful in transferring courses to colleges and universities outside of Arizona. It is recommended, however, that you confirm transferability of each community college course with your intended out-of-state college.