Start college early by taking classes from Rio Salado College this summer. You can take transferable general education classes online to fulfill lower-division general education requirements for an associate degree and transfer those credits to complete your Bachelor’s degree.
Upon approval from your high school, you may earn both high school and college credit when you complete the class. To participate you will need prior approval from your high school and must complete a special admission form.
Benefits of Concurrent Enrollment Classes
- Access to Rio’s student services including advising, tutoring, and more!
- Earn college and high school credit simultaneously
- Accelerate your college career while in high school
- Online classes are affordable (and close to home!)
- College credits transfer to most four-year universities
Steps to Enrolling in a Concurrent Class
- Go to my.maricopa.edu, click on "First Time Users Start Here" and fill in the blanks and save.
- Fill out the special admission form
- Obtain an unofficial copy of your high school transcript, AIMS or PSAT, or AP scores and a copy of your birth certificate. (You do not need to submit these if you have already taken dual enrollment classes at Rio Salado).
- Call Georgia Perry 480-517-8550 to enroll.
Students under 16 will need to take a placement test to enroll in math, reading or English classes.
Check out all the classes Rio Salado has to offer!