The Male Empowerment Network (MEN) is designed to assist male community college students from various backgrounds with enrollment, degree completion and university transfer. MEN provides students with a multi-faceted approach that promotes personal and professional development, provides support and networking, and encourages academic success.
Each of the 10 Maricopa Community Colleges has a MEN chapter led by an advisor.
Register for the Fall 2016 MEN Conference
The conference takes place Friday, Oct. 21, 2016, from 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at GateWay Community College in Phoenix.
Rio's V.P. of Student Affairs LeRodrick Terry discusses the benefits of joining MEN.
- Chapter members have access to campus and District workshops, discussion forums, webinars and networking opportunities.
- Students are provided with access to college resources including advising, tutoring, counseling, disability services, veterans programs, financial aid and more!
- The chapter is part of the Maricopa Community Colleges Minority Male Initiative.
- It's free!
To join MEN, contact one of the advisors listed at right.
- Membership is open to Rio Salado students currently enrolled in six credits or more with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Members will be asked to attend club meetings and may also be asked to participate in volunteer opportunities.