Rio Salado College's Hoop of Learning is a program designed specifically for American Indian students. The program bridges the high school-to-college experience and starts students on a path to college success through online learning. As part of a Maricopa County Community College District-wide initiative, Hoop of Learning provides eligible American Indian high school students with scholarship funds and exposure to early college options available through MCCCD.
- Be enrolled in a federally-recognized tribe
- Be enrolled in high school as a sophomore, junior or senior
- Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher throughout the program
- Be interested in taking online college classes as a high school student
- Attend student and parent orientation
Applications for Hoop of Learning are accepted in the fall semester (August-December) for spring enrollment and during spring semester (January-May) for summer enrollment.
Students must submit the following to apply for the Hoop of Learning program:
Return completed application packets to:
Rio Salado College
Attn: Hoop of Learning
2323 W. 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281