When you're pursuing a degree or certificate at Rio Salado college, you will have an assigned Academic Advisor who specializes in your field of interest. Your advisor will be your main point of contact for selecting the program and courses to meet your goal.
Your Advisor’s Role
Throughout your Rio College experience, your assigned advisor can:
- Help you select the right courses to take to meet your program requirements
- Refer you to college resources, such as tutoring, financial aid, computer lab information or library services that support your end goal
- Discuss any prior college or university credit and how it will fit into your current goals
- Review appropriate university transfer options with you
- Help you understand the importance of setting goals and help you set reasonable goals each semester
- Answer any questions you have
Get Started on Your Guided Journey
Within 24 hours after your admission to the college, your assigned academic advisor’s name displays inside Rio Compass.
- Log in to RioLearn.
- Click the Rio Compass icon at the top of the page.
- Your assigned academic advisor displays under My Success Team.
- Contact information for your assigned advisor displays and you can schedule an appointment with your advisor.
In-person advising appointments are available at the Rio Salado Tempe, Rio Salado Northern, and Rio Salado Luke Air Force Base locations. Check individual locations for important updates, closures and updated hours.
2323 W. 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281