I took college classes so many years ago. Will they still count?
In most circumstances courses, no matter how old may be used towards a certificate or degree however there are certificates and degrees that require courses are current in order to meet industry standards. Courses, if being used to satisfy a prerequisite may be subject to time limits. Consult your academic advisor for information on specific certificates, degrees, and courses.
What are the General Education Designations?
- First-Year Composition [FYC]
- Literacy and Critical Inquiry [L]
- Mathematical Studies [MA]
- Computer/Statistics/Quantitative Applications [CS]
- Humanities and Fine Arts [HU]
- Social and Behavioral Sciences [SB]
- Natural Science-Quantitative [SQ]
- Natural Science-General [SG]
- Cultural Diversity in the United States [C]
- Global Awareness [G]
- Historical Awareness [H]
How do I know if a course meets a Rio Salado requirement like Humanities?
Two easy ways to determine if a Rio Salado course meets a requirement are the Rio Salado course schedule and Find a Class
- Rio Salado class schedule. When you search for a class the General Education Designation will be provided. In the screen shot below you will see that ARH101 satisfies the following General Education Designations: G, H, HU
- Find a Class. In Find a Class you will select the criteria to search. One of the criteria is General Education Designations.
I need an easy class to take. What should I take?
What’s easy and what’s hard is relative to each student. Things to consider when choosing classes are your interests, your goals, your study skills, your learning style, and your academic abilities.
Advisors can give guidance on course selection but students must ultimately make the decision of what to take.