Getting started at Rio Salado - Saves you money!
Starting your academic career at Rio Salado College saves you money, time, and just makes sense! Rio Salado offers the same general education core classes you would take the first two years at a university, and many of the same career-specific classes. Our classes are taught in an online format that fits your busy lifestyle at a price that fits your budget.
The majority of juniors and seniors at Arizona’s public universities got their start at a community college. Our credits and associate degrees are accepted at universities across Arizona and the United States. Furthermore we have articulation agreements with Arizona's three public universities and 40+ university partners. Articulation Agreements are formal partnerships between two or more colleges and universities to accept credits in transfer toward a specific program.
Arizona State University
An ASU representative can meet with you at Rio Salado! Schedule an appointment now!
Northern Arizona University
An NAU representative can meet with you at Rio Salado! Call Rio at 480-517-8580.
University of Arizona
Learn about transferring to the University of Arizona.
Complete a bachelor’s degree at Ottawa. Learn more.
District University Partners
The Maricopa Community College District has transfer partnerships with more than 40 institutions both in and out of Arizona.
Rio Salado University Partners
Rio Salado College has transfer partnerships with several institutions to benefit our students.
Graduate with a University Degree
Completing your bachelor's degree at a university will give you the knowledge and skills to have a competitive edge in the job market and the potential for higher lifelong earnings.
"Rio gives you the tools to move forward! After earning my associate degree, I transferred to ASU, and the whole experience was seamless."
- Research all possible university transfer options by visiting Maricopa’s University Transfer Center.
- Search the University Partners List for a complete list of partners or use the University Partner Search to find the right place to continue your education based on location, major, size, cost, or type of college.
- Outline the classes you need to take at Rio Salado that will transfer to your chosen university.
- Meet with an academic advisor to create a plan to complete your associate degree and meet university prerequisites.
- Apply to your selected university in advance of your desired entrance term, following deadlines to provide required documents such as transcripts.
- Apply to graduate from Rio Salado College with your certificate or degree.
Arizona’s public community colleges and universities have teamed to create AZtransfer.com, offering more helpful tools like:
Rio Salado College has created RioCompass to help you track your progress toward completion of your degree through online check sheets and a semester by semester planning tool.
To learn more about articulation and transfer agreements please review the Maricopa Community College District Administrative Regulation.