Want to Quit? We Can Help!
Tobacco use remains the single largest preventable cause of disease and premature death in the U.S., yet more than 45 million Americans still smoke cigarettes and use tobacco products. However, more than half of these people have attempted to quit for at least one day in the past year. Quitting tobacco use is hard, but using quit therapies (e.g., the patch) and talking to your doctor doubles your chance of quitting for good!
Resources & Information
As part of its district-wide BreatheEasy Initiative, the Maricopa Community Colleges are proud to offer support for those who want to quit tobacco.
- Ashline Online Smoking Cessation Program - Employees who are interested in this online option can register through Rio Salado’s Employee Services/Wellness Oce or register online at www.ashline.org.
- IGNITE, a partnership with Tobacco Free Arizona, is a program designed to help college students practice advocacy and integrate tobacco control messages into their projects and activities. To learn more visit http://azdhs.gov/tobaccofreeaz.
- American Cancer Society – Visit www.cancer.org and select “Guide to Quitting Smoking.”
- Healthcare Provider Assistance – Check with your healthcare plan regarding prescription options such as Chantix. Visit www.smokingcessation.com.
In addition, Maricopa Community College Employees can take advantage of :
- Smoke Cessation Incentive Program Classes – Rio Salado started offering in-person classes at the Tempe location in January 2012 with conference calling abilities to service our locations. Employees who complete the program will receive an incentive.