Rio Salado offers students a variety of ways to pay for tuition. Tuition due dates can be found in your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. Note that you may be dropped from your classes for non-payment if your tuition payment is not received by the due date.
- Financial Aid (for those who qualify)
- College Scholarships
- Payment Plan
- Full Payment
- Third Party Payment
- Tuition Waiver
Financial aid is available for students who qualify. The financial aid process requires completing an application and submitting paperwork. This process can take 4-6 weeks, file as early as possible to allow time for application processing. Visit the financial aid website for forms and information.
If you’re a Rio Salado student seeking scholarship opportunities, please visit the College Scholarship website.
This option provides students with a flexible schedule of payments that can be distributed across the duration of your classes. Payments can be made using a credit/debit card or from a checking or savings account. There is a one-time per semester non-refundable enrollment fee of $20. Making changes to your student account may affect your plan. These changes include:
- Financial aid adjustment.
- Adjusting the duration of a class ( e.g., 8-week class option).
- Non-sufficient funds or disputed payments (fees included).
To sign up for the payment plan, login to your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. and select “My Payment Options” under the Finances section and follow the prompts. Note: If the $20 enrollment fee or down payment is returned for any reason, the payment plan may be terminated. There is a $30 fee for all returned payments.
Students can pay tuition in full by phone, in person, online or by mail.
- Phone – Credit card payments are accepted over the phone. Call the Cashier’s Office at 480-517-8330.
- In-Person – Cash, check, money order or credit card payments are accepted in person. Visit the Cashier’s Office on the second floor of the Tower at Rio, 2323 W. 14th Street, Tempe.
- Online – Payments made by check, credit card, and payment plans are accepted online. Log into your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. Remember to include the $15 registration fee as part of your payment. Non-payment of this fee could result in your being dropped from your classes.
- Mail - Payments accepted by mail are check, money order or credit card. Please do not send cash in the mail. Mail payments to Rio Salado Cashier’s Office, 2323 W. 14th St., Tempe, AZ 85281.
Third Party Agency Payment
Employer initiated payments through authorization or tuition assistance letters are also accepted. Letters can be faxed, emailed, or mailed to the Cashier’s Office. Upon receipt of approved letter, we will hold your classes until the billing process is complete. If payment is not received by the due date, Rio Salado may place a hold on your account and ask you to contact your agency. Any unpaid charges may be placed back on your account and due immediately.
Maricopa employees who are eligible can download the Tuition Waiver form at the District Website. Please submit the most updated version, as outdated waivers will not be accepted. Employees are responsible for paying the $15 registration fee and any other class fees. Waivers received will not be applied until all other required fees are paid.
Note: tuition waivers cannot be used for non-credit classes.
Tuition Waivers and Exemptions
For information on Non-Employee Tuition Waivers please visit the District Website.