Once you have received your Financial Aid Notification (FAN), and completed all follow-up tasks, your Federal Student Aid funds will be ready for disbursement. When you are eligible to receive your aid, funds are disbursed to our office. Your aid will be posted to your account within 3 business days.
Before the funds can be applied to your account, Rio Salado College must verify that you are eligible, specifically:
- Your disbursement of financial aid will be processed after all of the following items have occurred:
- You are participating in enough credit hours to be eligible to receive your disbursement.
- Special Note to First-Time Student Loan Borrowers: there is a federally required 30-day waiting period from the time that your classes begin until you become eligible to receive the first disbursement of your student loan.
- You Have Been Confirmed to Be Participating in Class
- Confirmation takes place during the second week of classes. Therefore, funds for eligible students will be released during the third week of class.
- Grades from all prior term courses have been posted.
Even if your participation in class has been confirmed, if your grades from prior term classes have not been posted, you will not be eligible to receive your disbursement.
All coursework must begin and end within your designated semester block.
All coursework from a prior semester block must be completed before you can begin participating in coursework for the next semester block.
- You are verified to be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
If you are not making Satisfactory Academic Progress and do not have an approved Appeal on file, you will not be eligible to receive your disbursement.
- All student loans are delivered in 2 disbursements even if the student is enrolled in a single term (i.e. Fall-Only, Spring-Only, Summer Term)
- The first disbursement will be delivered according to the guidelines listed above.
- Subsequent disbursements(s) will be determined by the weeks of instruction for that term.
- For 8 weeks of instruction or less, the subsequent disbursement date will be the midpoint of the classes start and end date.
- For 9 weeks of instruction or more, the subsequent disbursement date will be the midpoint of that semester block.
According to federal regulations, you must receive your financial aid in two disbursements during a payment period.
Your Federal Student Aid will first be applied to:
- Other charges on your account
If you qualify for a Financial Aid refund, please allow up to 14 business days to receive it. Your refund will be processed through the Maricopa Student Refund Program (MSRP). Please review your student email account and Student Center for more information about this service.
- Check my.maricopa.edu to track the progress of your Federal Student Aid disbursement.