Online learning is a great option for many students, but it's not for everyone. It's a good idea to evaluate your ability to succeed as an online student before you register for classes.
Online students need to have very basic computer skills in order to navigate websites, send email attachments and access course materials. They also need to be organized and self-motivated.
Effective online learners...
- take ownership of their learning experience.
- ask their instructor or tutor for help when they need it.
- manage their time well to meet assignment deadlines.
- do not fear unfamiliar technology or software.
- communicate well in writing.
- prefer independent learning.
- require dependable access to the internet.
- may require access to a television, DVD player or streaming digital media.
- cover the same material found in traditional classes.
- may be less structured than a typical in-person class.
- are NOT inherently easy.
Try Us Out!
See what it’s like to take an online class at Rio Salado College.
find out more
If you still aren't sure if online learning is right for you, talk to an advisor. RSC advisors can help you answer any remaining questions you might have.