Your IT Career
is Looking Up!
Five Maricopa Community College entities are coming together to offer information technology education and career training to help take your IT career to the next level.
The IT training is part of a national grant award from the U.S. Department of Labor. The Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) grant supports participating community colleges with developing and supporting IT curriculum and accelerated career path training.
Who is Eligible?
Students who have a high school diploma or GED and want to pursue careers in IT, and fit at least one of the following profiles with eligible veterans and their spouses receiving priority service:
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) or displaced workers
- Underrepresented individuals in the IT profession, including women and ethnic minorities
- Unemployed or underemployed
Certificates and Associate Degree Pathways Available
- Cisco Network Professional
- Cisco Networking
- Computer Support Specialist (available through the Maricopa Skill Center)
- Computer Technology
- Computer Usage and Applications
- Linux Networking Administration
- Microsoft 7 Administration
- Microsoft Desktop Support Technology
- Mobile Applications (In Development)
- Networking Administration
- Networking Technology
- Web Development
- Web Design
As part of the grant, eligible students who apply for the IT programs are provided with a student success coach for guidance and support. They also receive IT specific tutoring, industry supported curriculum, and have access to the student support services offered by the Maricopa Community Colleges, including financial aid, counseling and disability resources, veterans’ services and more.
In addition, classes are offered through a combination of online, hybrid and in-person options.
Programs can be completed in 15 weeks to 2 years depending on the certification(s).
IT programs are offered by: Rio Salado College, Estrella Mountain Community College, Paradise Valley Community College, South Mountain Community College and the Maricopa Skill Center.
How to Apply
- Contact Rio Salado by phone at 480-384-9833 for program eligibility and application.
- Complete a program application by fax or mail.
- After your application is evaluated, you will be contacted by a Rio Salado representative and notified of eligibility.