Who needs a Placement Test?
Click here to determine which placement tests are needed for admission and/or for prerequisites to courses
What is needed to take a Placement Test?
- Students taking a placement test are required to have an 8-digit Maricopa Community College Student ID #. In order to obtain this number, you must create an account.
- Click on: I am a new student and have never attended any Maricopa Community College or Skill Center.
- Follow steps to get your MEID number and Student ID.
- You will receive your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) and, student ID. Save these numbers! You will need the 8-digit ID number for testing and enrollment. The MEID is your User name for accessing your student account on my.maricopa.edu.
- If you get an error message, call the Rio Salado Registration Help Desk at 480-517-8540. Tell them you need to be “Quick Admitted Only” and are experiencing problems obtaining your student number.
- Most schools administer the test on specified dates in the Spring. Check with your high school. If the school does not offer the test at their campus, students may take the Placement test at the nearest community college or Rio Test site.
- There is no charge for the placement tests.
- View sample questions for the ACCUPLACER.
- Practice Tests for Math are also available.
- Students will be permitted to do a re-test in English, reading or math after at least a 24-hour waiting period. An additional re-test is permitted three months from the date of the student's original test. Course placement scores, with the exception of the reading exemption, will be valid for two years from the date of the original or re-test assessment.
For more information, contact the Tempe Testing Center at Rio Salado, (480) 517-8560
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.