Placement/Admittance tests must be taken by the following groups of students:
- Students enrolling in ENG101 must make the qualifying score on the “WritePlacer” test.
- Students enrolling in their initial MAT class must make the qualifying score in the “College Algebra” test.
- All incoming freshman / sophomore must make the qualifying score in the “Reading” test.
If a new student falls into one of the above-mentioned categories, he/she must be “quick admitted” into Rio Salado College and receive their 8-digit Student ID #, in order to take the applicable test or tests.
*NOTE: YOU MUST KNOW YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS.
Go to https://eims.maricopa.edu/MAW/MAW.html
- Click on: Create an account.
- Click on: I am a new student and have never attended any Maricopa Community College or Skill Center.
- Follow steps to get your MEID number and Student ID.
- You will receive your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) and, student ID. Save these numbers! You will need the 8-digit ID number for testing and enrollment. The MEID is your User name for accessing your student account on my.maricopa.edu.
- If you get an error message, call the Rio Salado Registration Help Desk at 480-517-8540. Tell them you need to be “Quick Admitted Only” and are experiencing problems obtaining your student numbers.
Additional Testing Information