Skip to main content

Contact Us

Live Chat
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Early Childhood and Human Development

Professional Career Pathway Project (PCPP) Grant

Sponsored by the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES), Child Care Administration(CCA).

The PCPP is: 

Offered at community colleges throughout Arizona PCPP funds can be used for Early Childhood Education classes only. PCPP can be used by individuals employed as child caregivers in center-based programs, family child care providers or family group homes in Arizona

To be Eligible:

  • Must work in a child care center or be a family child care provider or be a family group home provider/employee in Arizona
  • Must identify a Pathway (Goal) and pursue the Early Care and Education (ECE) coursework to accomplish your Pathway
  • Must complete all courses paid for by the PCPP with a grade of “C” or better to be eligible for continued scholarships.

The PCPP Offers:

  • Tuition for 1 to 6 credits per semester (Total 12 credits per school year)
  • Textbook stipend for $10 per credit each semester
  • For DES certified Family Child Care providers:
  • For DHS certified Family Group Home providers:
  • -initial CDA (Child Development Associate Credential) assessment fee paid ($325)
    -initial NAFCC (National Association of Family Child Care Accreditation) fee paid ($495)

How to use the Professional Career Pathway Project (PCPP) Grant:

Make sure you are eligible to use the grant! If you are receiving another grant or scholarship to attend college or have access to professional development funds at your program, you may not be eligible to use the PCPP Grant. If you or your center receives DES funding, you will need to provide a copy of the DES authorization. Seek advisement! This grant will pay your tuition and registration fees for specific courses in Early Childhood Education. The selected courses can help you achieve specific career goals including obtaining the Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science degree in Early Childhood Education, or other employment goals.

If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to apply for this program, contact the Early Childhood & Human Development Undergraduate Program at: