If you are interested in partnering with Rio Salado students under the Teacher In Residence Program, please feel free to contact our offices at 480-517-8126.
All teachers under the Teacher In Residence Program must be supervised and evaluated by the school district and Rio Salado throughout the two year process. The district/charter is responsible for following all Arizona Revised Statutes regarding employment and evaluation of contracted teachers.
Additionally, school districts will be responsible for assigning mentor teachers with the following minimum qualifications:
- Holds an Arizona standard teaching certificate
- Minimum of five years of full-time teaching experience
- Meets the requirements for “highly qualified” under NCLB
- Commits to a two year mentoring assignment (can be negotiated based on employment changes)
No fee is provided to the mentor by RSC; each school district determines the responsibilities of the mentor teacher and whether or not to provide compensation.
Identification of potential applicants can happen one of two ways:
- District interviews and identifies applicants for the intern program and then refers them to Rio Salado for application materials.
- District can contact Rio Salado and we can recommend potential candidates for the district to interview and then refer to the intern program.
All school districts and charter schools must complete a Memorandum of Understanding with Rio Salado.
Teacher-In-Residence (TIR) Blended Model
Is your district interested in a grow-your-own model? Rio Salado may partner with your school district to offer some required internship courses at your site, based on satisfactory enrollment