Dance Endorsement courses are designed for currently certified elementary, secondary or special education teachers. Teachers can add the Dance Endorsement to their current teaching certificate by taking Rio Salado College's methods courses.
Arizona Department of Education Requirements
- Completed Application for Endorsement (submit upon completion of required coursework)
- Appropriate Fee (see application for endorsement)
- One of the following:
- 3. A photocopy of your valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP) fingerprint card (plastic). For more information visit the Arizona Department of Public Safety website or call (602) 223-2279.
- 4. A valid Arizona Elementary, Secondary or Special Education certificate.
5. One course in the methods of teaching Dance at the elementary level.
6. One course in the methods of teaching Dance at the secondary level.
One of the following (Option A, B, C, or D):
A. Thirty (30) semester hours of courses in the Dance content area which may include one course in elementary methods of teaching Dance and one course in secondary methods of teaching Art.
B. A passing score on the Subject Knowledge Art portion of the Arizona Educator Exam (NES or AEPA).
C. A valid comparable certificate from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. Submit a notarized copy of the certificate.
D. Master's degree from an accredited institution in Dance.
Rio Salado College welcomes you to a dynamic learning opportunity where you will receive hands-on experience in the classroom. Rio's Endorsement courses are designed "for teachers, by teachers."
Rio Salado College offers the following courses to meet the methods requirements listed above.
||Dance Methods and Curriculum Development for Elementary
||Dance Methods and Curriculum Development for Secondary
|* Indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites