Arts Endorsement courses are designed for currently certified elementary, secondary or special education teachers. Teachers can add the art endorsement to their current teaching certificate by taking Rio Salado College's methods courses.
Arizona Department of Education Requirements
- Completed Application for Endorsement (submit upon completion of required coursework)
- Appropriate Fee (see application for endorsement)
A photocopy of your valid Arizona Department of Public Safety Identity Verified Prints (IVP) fingerprint card (plastic). For more information visit the Arizona Department of Public Safety website or call (602) 223-2279..
4. A valid Arizona Elementary, Secondary or Special Education certificate.
5. One course in the methods of teaching Art at the elementary level.
6. One course in the methods of teaching Art at the secondary level.
7. One of the following (Option A, B, C, or D):
A. Thirty (30) semester hours of courses in the Art content area which may include one course in elementary methods of teaching Art and one course in secondary methods of teaching Art.
B. A passing score on the Subject Knowledge Art portion of the Arizona Educator Exam (NES or AEPA).
C. A valid comparable certificate from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. Submit a notarized copy of the certificate.
D. Master's degree from an accredited institution in Art.
Rio Salado College welcomes you to a dynamic learning opportunity where you will receive hands-on experience in the classroom. Rio's Endorsement courses are designed "for teachers, by teachers."
- Must call Rio Salado College to register for Endorsement courses at 480-517-8580.
- Must provide proof of a bachelor's degree or teaching certificate before registering.
- Read about the In-person Field Experience Requirements of this program.
- Read about Art Endorsement at the Arizona Department of Education.
Rio Salado College offers the following courses to meet the methods requirements listed above.
||Elementary Art Methods and Curriculum Development
||Secondary Art Methods and Curriculum Development
|* Indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites