Middle School Endorsement
This Endorsement may expand the grades a teacher is authorized to teach on an Elementary or Secondary certificate. This endorsement does not make the person highly qualified.
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint clearance card (plastic) issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- Valid Arizona Provisional or Standard teaching certificate (elementary or secondary)
- Six semester hours of courses in middle grade education
- Practicum or one year of verified teaching experience in grades 5-9
(verified by letter from District Superintendent or Personnel Director)
Rio Salado College welcomes you to a dynamic learning opportunity where you will receive hands-on experience in the classroom. Rio’s Endorsement courses are designed ‘for teachers, by teachers.’
- Must call Rio Salado College to register for Endorsement courses at 480-517-8580.
- Must provide proof of a bachelor’s degree or teaching certificate before registering.
- Read about the in-person requirements of this program.
- Read about endorsements and certifications at the Arizona Department of Education.
||Teaching in the Middle School
||Middle Grade Practicum (Note: Requires own classroom to complete)
Online coursework is available in the following areas:
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts
For specific course descriptions, see our schedule.