Physical Education Endorsement K-12
Physical Education Endorsement courses are designed for currently certified elementary, secondary or special education teachers. Teachers can add the Physical Education Endorsement to their current teaching certificate by taking Rio Salado College's methods courses.
Arizona Department of Education Requirements
- Completed Application for Endorsement (submit upon completion of required coursework)
- Appropriate Fee (see application for endorsement)
- One of the following:
- A photocopy of your valid IVP fingerprint card (plastic) issued on or after January 1, 2008
- A photocopy of your valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card (plastic) issued prior to January 1, 2008
- A valid Arizona Elementary, Secondary or Special Education certificate.
- Thirty (30) semester hours of courses to include:
Six (6) semester hours of courses to include: (see COURSES)
- One course in the methods of teaching Physical Education at the elementary level.
- One course in the methods of teaching Physical Education at the secondary level.
- One of the following – (not provided by Rio Salado College)
- Twenty-four (24) semester hours of courses in the Physical Education content area.
- A valid comparable certificate from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards. Submit a notarized copy of the certificate.
- Master's degree in Physical Education from an accredited institution.
Rio Salado College welcomes you to a dynamic learning opportunity where you will receive hands-on experience in the classroom. Rio's Endorsement courses are designed 'for teachers, by teachers.'
- Must call Rio Salado College to register for Endorsement courses at 480-517-8580.
- Must provide proof of a bachelor's degree or teaching certificate before registering.
- Read about the In-person Field Experience Requirements of this program.
Rio Salado College offers the following courses to meet the methods requirements listed above.
||Elementary Physical Education Methods and Curriculum Development
||Secondary Physical Education Methods and Curriculum Development
|* Indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites