To apply for the Teacher in Residence program, please complete the following forms. All application items must be received by Rio Salado College prior to submission to the Arizona Department of Education. Questions or concerns? Call us at 480-517-8140.
- Application Checklist (PDF) - Use this to ensure that you have completed all the requirements for application.
- TIR Application Form (PDF) - Should only be submitted if you have already: passed the AEPA Subject Knowledge exam, completed SEI course EDU251 and have an IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Student Information Form (PDF) – Please complete this form and return it with your Admission Form and Arizona Department of Education Intern Application.
- Transcript Evaluation Form (PDF) – To be used only if you have EDU coursework that is no older than ten years.
- Arizona Department of Education Intern Application (PDF)
Please note: any “Yes” answers on the Intern application will require an explanation letter and an additional 2 weeks for ADE to process.
- Click on certification Application Form
- Complete all questions on front and back of form
- Return application and fees to Rio along with the TIR Admission form
- Student Release Form – FERPA (PDF) - Please complete this form and return it with your Admission Form and Arizona Department of Education Intern Application.
- Student Acknowledgement Form (PDF) - Please read and sign accordingly.
- Employment Verification Form (PDF) - Please read and sign accordingly.
- Teacher Waiver Form – Non Resident (PDF) – Please read and sign accordingly (Non Resident ONLY).
- Max Time Frame Appeal (PDF) – Please read and sign accordingly, if receiving financial aid.
- Certificate Copy – Provide a copy of your Intern certificate to Rio Salado College once issued.
- TIR Field Experience Requirements (PDF) - Please read.
Response to Intervention:
Response to Intervention begins at the initial application to the Teacher Preparation Program. It is a process of determining appropriate support to effectively assist students through the completion of their teacher preparation program or help identify alternative career paths, outside education, more suited for student need. Students will be identified and notified if the Response to Intervention Process is needed. During the formal application process if it is determined a student requires a tier of intervention or support is needed, student will be notified and the Response to Intervention process begins. A student can be identified at any time in their program of choice for Response to Intervention support.
Response to Intervention (RTI)
If you have completed your SEI course requirement through Rio Salado College (EDU220 or EDU232), you can obtain an official transcript in-person from our Registration Desk. You must submit the transcript along with your application. If you reside within Maricopa County, ADE requires that you personally take your application packet to ADE for processing after Rio Salado College has verified all application paperwork.
If you are outside Maricopa County, please fill out the Transcript Request form and fax it to TIR at 480-377-4713. Be sure to mark “Deliver To” with Attn: TIR Program. A TIR staff member will take your completed application packet to ADE on your behalf.