To apply for the Teacher in Residence program, please complete the following forms. All application items must be received by Rio Salado College prior to submission to the Arizona Department of Education. Questions or concerns? Call us at 480-517-8140.
- Application Checklist (PDF) - Use this to ensure that you have completed all the requirements for application.
- TIR Application Form (PDF) - Should only be submitted if you have already: passed the NES or AEPA Subject Knowledge exam, passing scores on all 5 sections of the Teacher Prep ACCUPLACER exam, and have an IVP fingerprint clearance card.
- Student Admission Application (PDF) – Please complete this form and return it with your TIR Application.
- Student Declaration of Citizenship (PDF) – Please complete this form and return it with a color copy, front & back, of your driver’s license.
*Speak with a TIR staff member for other acceptable forms of identification.
- Transcript Evaluation Form (PDF) – To be used only if you have EDU coursework that is no older than ten years.
- Arizona Department of Education Inter Application (PDF) - Complete form and submit to Rio Salado College with your TIR Application.
*Please note: any “Yes” answers on the Intern application will require an Explanation of Incident Form on of Incident Form (PDF) and an additional 2 weeks for ADE to process.
- Student Release Form – FERPA (PDF) - Please complete this form and return it with your TIR application.
- Student Acknowledgement Form (PDF) - Please complete this form and return it with your TIR Application.
- Employment Verification Form (PDF) - Please have your school administration complete this form.
- IF TEACHING IN AN ELD CLASSROOM: Structures English Immersion (SEI) - Either a 3-credit hour course or 45-clock hour workshop.
- Teacher Waiver Form – Non Resident (PDF) – Please read and sign accordingly if you have resided in Arizona for less than one year or your Arizona ID issue date is less than one year.
- Maximum Time Frame Appeal (PDF) – Please read and sign accordingly, if seeking financial aid.
- Certificate Copy – Provide a copy of your Intern certificate to Rio Salado College once issued.
- TIR Field Experience Requirements (PDF) - Please read.
Response to Intervention:
Response to Intervention begins at the initial application to the Educator Preparation Program. It is a process of determining appropriate support to effectively assist students through the completion of their teacher preparation program or help identify alternative career paths, outside education, more suited for student need. Students will be identified and notified if the Response to Intervention Process is needed. During the formal application process if it is determined a student requires a tier of intervention or support is needed, student will be notified and the Response to Intervention process begins. A student can be identified at any time in their program of choice for Response to Intervention support.
Response to Intervention (RTI)
If you have completed your SEI course requirement through Rio Salado College(EDU220, EDU232 or EDU251), you can obtain an official transcript in-person from our Registration Desk. You must submit the transcript along with your application. If you reside within Maricopa County, ADE requires that you personally take your application packet to ADE for processing after Rio Salado College has verified all application paperwork.
If you are outside Maricopa County, please fill out the transcript form and fax it to TIR at 480-377-4713. Be sure to mark "Deliver to" with Attn: TIR Department. A TIR staff member will take your completed application packet to ADE on your behalf.