Rio Salado College's Incarcerated Re-entry (IRE) program offers distance learning classes for incarcerated students. Classes are offered in print based correspondence formats.
Classes must be approved through the correctional education program at the student's facility. IRE complies with Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC), Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP) and private prison policies regarding inmate student education.
Rio Salado College is committed to addressing the specific needs of incarcerated students. IRE staff coordinate the enrollment process including registration, academic advising, transcript evaluation and diploma requests and other student concerns. The purpose of the Distance Learning program is to help students earn a certificate or degree prior to release. A certificate or degree from Rio Salado College, an accredited college, can help student employability upon release.
Overview of Services
Please view the PDF Correspondence Course Guilde to learn more about how incarcerated students can earn certificates and associate degrees at Rio Salado College.
Download Correspondence Course Guide
Current Certificate Offerings
The certificates offered in our program are listed below and will lead to an Associate of Applied Science Degree:
Download All Certificates List (PDF)
- AGEC Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) (16 classes)
- Small Business Start-Up (SBS) (4 classes)
- Sustainable Foods (FON) (4 classes)
- Workforce Development (WFR) (4 classes)
- Quality Customer Service (QCS) (7 classes)
- Addictions and Substance Use Disorder Level I (ASD) (7 classes)
- Addictions and Substance Use Disorder Level II (ASD) (7 classes)
Note: Time frame based on 1 class a semester with 3 semesters a year, equals 3 classes a year and does not take into account placement scores into lower English course.
Current Associate Degree Offerings
Print based Associate degree degrees are listed below:
Download All Degree List (PDF)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS)– Workforce Development (WFR) (24 classes)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS)- Addictions and Substance Use Disorder (ASD) (24 classes)
- Associate of Arts (AA)
- Associate of General Studies
May take 8 years to complete the Associate Degree
Note:Time frame based on 1 class a semester with 3 semesters a year, equals 3 classes a year and does not take into account placement scores into lower English course.
Rio Salado College has partnered with several colleges and universities across the nation to offer you many ways to transfer credits and complete your bachelor’s degree.
Rio Salado College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). This assures the quality and integrity of Rio's programs and services.