- In-State: $86 per credit hour (3 credit x $86 = $264)
- Out-of-state: $216 per credit hour (3 credit x $216 = $648)
- Course materials fee: $15 per class
- One-time per semester registration fee: $15
A family member or outside party may pay on behalf of the student using cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express card. Please use Self-pay form.
If a student is incarcerated in an out-of-state or federal facility, tuition and fees must be paid according to that facility’s rules.
For information on book pricing please call IRE at 480-517-8345 or 877-517-8345 or visit the Rio Salado Bookstore website, search for course offered in IRE Program Checksheet.
Go to the Book Store
Methods of Payment
- Applications are accepted throughout the academic year and a student may be accepted at any point throughout the academic year.
- Available to students currently residing in a facility within Arizona, who do not have a degree/certificate and who demonstrate financial need.
- Funds a minimum of one 3-credit course, and includes tuition, registration and course material fees and textbooks.
- Follows Department of Corrections DO910 criteria and Rio Salado Incarcerated Re-Entry criteria.
- To maintain eligibility for the IRE distance learning scholarship program students need to complete current distance learning coursework with a “C” or above. We encourage in-state students to pay for a 1 credit course, earn an "A" and then apply for an IRE scholarship.
Scholarship Application (PDF)