Skip to main content
Skip Navigation LinksRio Salado College / Lawful Presence

Contact Us

Call Us

Establishing Lawful Presence

All students must be classified as either a resident student or a non-resident student for tuition purposes. Until you show proof of lawful presence to the college, we are required to charge out-of-state tuition prices.

Accepted Documents

To qualify for in-state tuition and state financial assistance, students must provide a copy of the Student Declaration Form and documentation as proof of lawful presence in the United States.

Acceptable documents include a birth certificate, an Arizona driver license or ID card issued after 1996, or official immigration papers.

A complete list of acceptable documentation you can submit as well as the Student Declaration form is available at

How Do I Send My Documents?

Online - For more information on other ID forms accepted and how to submit online, see our Student Identity Verification page.

By Phone - Call Admissions and Records at (480) 517-8540 for questions about establishing lawful presence or receipt of documents.