College Public Safety provides a safe and secure learning environment for all Rio Salado College students, employees and visitors.
We strive to maintain:
- College and personal property protection
- Parking lot and traffic safety control for daily activities and special events
- Community and visitor assistance
- Lost and found services
- Professional law enforcement services
- Immediate identification of safety hazards
Be Prepared with RAVE Alert Text Messaging & RAVE Guardian Mobile App!
RAVE Alert Text Messaging
Rio Salado staff, faculty and students are automatically opted in to receive RAVE Alert Text Messaging about college incidents.
Please take the time to confirm that your current mobile phone is listed and that it is tagged as a cell/mobile device to ensure you receive messaging.
Students should use My.Maricopa.edu and staff should use HCM to confirm their status and to make updates.
RAVE Guardian Mobile App
The RAVE Guardian Mobile App is a free service for students, faculty and staff to upload from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Once you download it to your mobile device, authenticate your account with your employee or student email address, then create a user name, password, and personal profile.
Once open, Rave Guardian will display a simple interface with six icons:
- Inbox: Manage messages to the District-wide Public Safety communications center
- Guardians: Create a network of guardians looking over you, including family, friends, and others you trust
- Safety Timer: Allows Guardians to access your status and location so they can alert Public Safety if you fail to check in at a designated time
- Send a Tip: See something, say something. Anonymously send messages and photos to Public Safety
- Call Campus Police: Make a one-touch voice call to Campus Public Safety
- Call 9-1-1: Easy access to a voice call in case of an emergency
By working together as a community, we can help create the safest possible environment at Rio Salado and the Maricopa Community Colleges.
Questions about RAVE? Don’t hesitate to call on Rio Salado’s Public Safety Office for support: (480) 377-4555.
Contacting College Public Safety
Students, employees, and community members are encouraged to report all suspected crimes, unusual or suspicious activities and emergencies.
Rio Salado Community College
1335 S. Park Lane Suite 2,
Tempe, AZ 85281
Make Safety a Priority!
Download the latest emergency procedures and safety tip sheets.
Stay informed and know what to do before an emergency occurs.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Active Shooter Situation