Students who are enrolled in Distance Learning courses may need to take in-person midterm and final exams. We no longer accept reservations. All testing is done on a walk-in basis.
Students Inside Maricopa County, Arizona:
Available testing locations
Students Outside Maricopa County, Arizona:
Testing Center Procedures
There are no exceptions to the testing procedures.
- Identification – You must have a current, valid, recognizable, state or federal issued photo ID.
- Lockers – All materials and personal belongings must be secured in a locker, including, drinks (except clear water bottles), hats and sunglasses. Any exceptions will be noted on the directions of the exam.
- Computer Usage – Computers are only used for taking online exams. You may not visit outside sources during your test.
- Scratch Paper – Scratch paper is available for use during all exams.
- Test Monitoring – You will be monitored by a proctor and video surveillance.
- Disruptive Behavior – Any student acting in a disruptive manner will be asked to leave the testing room.
- No Children Allowed – For security reasons, children under the age of 18 yrs are not allowed in the Testing Center, unless supervised by an adult. MCCCD Children on Campus (AR 2.4.10) regulation stating children (younger than 18) may not attend any class unless they are officially registered for the class. Children will not be allowed on campus unless participating in an authorized college program or under the supervision of an adult.
- No Breaks While Testing – The exam must be completed in one sitting. You may not begin the exam, then leave and come back at a later time to finish.
- Timed Tests – Midterm & Final exams are timed. You may have up to 3 hours to complete the exam. Each section of the test may be timed separately; however time does not roll over between sections. For other types of tests please check with the testing technician for time limits.
- Surrender Tests and Materials - Exams are collected when the Testing Center closes. You must turn in all testing materials, including scratch paper, to the Testing Technician/Proctor before you leave.
- Time Waiver – You must read and sign a Time Waiver if you do not give yourself the allotted time to complete your exam before the testing center’s closing time.
- Academic Misconduct – You must adhere to MCCCD Academic Misconduct (AR 2.3.11) regulations that prohibit cheating. If you are suspected of academic misconduct, your exam will be voided. The matter will be referred to your faculty chair for further review, and if applicable, disciplinary action.
- Scores – Testing is not authorized to give guidance regarding scores received and/or advise on the next step of a current/potential area of study. Please consult with an academic advisor or counselor.
Students with Disabilities
Students with a documented disability, who require testing accommodations, must first register with Rio’s Disability Services Office.