If you are thinking about enrolling in an entry level mathematics course at Rio Salado, then you will very likely need to complete a placement test to determine your initial placement. The actual placement test, called Accuplacer, has three distinct levels: Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, and College Algebra. Depending on your math background and the course you need for your degree, program or personal goal, you can choose the test that is most appropriate.
We know that tests – even placement tests – can be unsettling for students, so we have created this separate site that you can access to practice the content that is generally covered by each of the Accuplacer levels. Here are some quick facts about the practice placement reviews:
- You do not need to provide any identifying data to take the practice placements, and no one will ask you for personal identification at any time.
- There is no limit to the number of times you can repeat a practice placement. Although the number of items in the test bank is not unlimited, each test will contain different items than you saw on a previous attempt.
- Once you have completed the review and clicked, you will receive a report that gives your score, indicating which of the items you answered correctly and incorrectly, as well as any left unanswered.
- The practice placement provides no guarantee as far as predicting your score on the actual placement tests, but it will give you a very good idea of the range of content for each level and allow you to prepare accordingly.
- Students wishing to gain additional practice and instruction may find help at some of the resources provided on the right menu of this page.
- To help us assess the effectiveness of this resource, we have provided a feedback button at the top of the results report. We would appreciate the feedback you provide by answering two short questions.
Ready to get started?
It is as easy as clicking on one of the three links below to access one of the three tests. Not sure which one to start with? We generally recommend beginning with the middle review, Elementary Algebra, and adjusting higher or lower if needed.
Recommended for students desiring placement into MAT 082, 092, & 102.
Recommended for students desiring placement into MAT 082, 092, 102, 122, & 142.
Recommended for students desiring placement into MAT 151, 156, 172, 182, 187, 206, 212, & 221.