TriWest Healthcare Alliance has created a special scholarship program for Rio Salado College and the Maricopa Community College District to provide access for military service members and their families to high-quality educational opportunities. Rio Salado is a Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) and enrolls over 5,000 service members in online classes every year. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of military students and encourage all interested service members and their family members to apply.
TriWest Healthcare Alliance partners with the Department of Defense to do "Whatever It Takes" to support the health care needs of 2.7 million members of America's military family. A Phoenix-based corporation, TriWest is URAC accredited, without deficiencies, in Networks, Utilization Management, Disease Management, and Case Management. TriWest provides access to cost-effective, high-quality health care in the 21-state TRICARE West Region, the 2007 TRICARE Region of the year. TriWest is a proud Corporate Team Member of America Supports You.
- Scholarship award students $1000 per Academic Year, Fall/Spring (with the possibility of summer l term award based on availability of funds) to use for tuition, books or stipends.
- Priority is given to Rio Salado College students who have financial need
- Applicants must enroll in a minimum of 3 credit hours within the same term (Fall, Summer, Spring)
- Must maintain a 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in order to receive subsequent scholarship funding
Note: this program was developed for Rio Salado College; however, the scholarship may be used at any of the Maricopa Community Colleges upon request.
- Be a servicemember in the active, reserve, or guard component of any U.S. military service branch or spouse or dependent of a servicemember in the active , reserve, or guard component of any U.S. military service branch
- Possess a current 2.0 high school or college grade point average (GPA)
- Provide unofficial high school or college transcripts
- Submit application prior to application deadlines:
2011-2012 Academic Year, Fall/Spring
Deadline is Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. Arizona time.
Please click here to proceed to the Maricopa Foundation Web Page in order to complete the STARS Online Application for all Maricopa Foundation offered scholarships including the TriWest Scholarship. Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must submit an electronic application through the Maricopa Foundation. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.