Student Solution Center
Rio Salado College is dedicated to providing a quality learning experience to our students. Students who feel that they have been treated unfairly or unjustly are encouraged to use this webpage to raise issues to our attention in accordance with the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) administrative regulations.
The Instructional HelpDesk assists students with instructional issues that may arise while taking a course.
- (866) 511-8380, (480) 517-8380
A student who feels that he/she has been treated unfairly or unjustly by a faculty member (full-time or part-time) with regard to an academic process such as grading, testing or assignments, shall discuss the issue first with the faculty member involved. This conference shall be requested by the student within fifteen (15) working days from the time the student knew or reasonably should have known about the unfair or unjust treatment. If the grade issue is the final grade, Article 20.7.6 of the Faculty Agreement governs.
If, after 10 business days of the request for a conference the issue is unresolved, the student may within 10 business days forward the written grievance to the Department of Division Chair. Students should review the S-6 Instructional Grievance Process for additional details.
The Office of Institutional Integrity & Compliance responds to all non-instructional challenges and concerns a student may encounter while attending Rio Salado College.
Please complete the Student Complaint Form to submit non-instructional complaints.
- (480) 517-8505
Kudos and Compliments
We love to tell our staff about your wonderful experience with Rio.
If you would like to provide general feedback or thanks to those who assisted you, please fill out the Student Feedback Form.
Discrimination, Harassment or Sexual Misconduct Complaints
Contact Rio Salado College Title IX/504 Coordinator with any discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct complaints.
- Tafari Osayande
- Students may follow the Higher Learning Commission’s complaint process or call 1-800-621-7440, after first using the College’s internal grievance procedures.
Other Resources - Out-of-State Distance Education Students
- Rio Salado College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) participating institution.
- The Arizona Community College Coordinating Council (AC4) has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA participating institutions in relation to appealing resolution of non-instructional complaints for out-of-state distance education students. Instructional complaints, such as grade grievances, are not reviewed by the Council and should not be submitted for review.
- Prior to submitting a non-instructional complaint with the Arizona Community College Coordinating Council, the out-of-state distance education student must complete Rio Salado College's internal complaint process.Out-of-state distance education students may appeal resolution of SARA-related non instructional complaints to the Arizona Community College Coordinating Council (AC4)
- Upon completion of the institution’s and AC4’s complaint process, out-of-state distance education students may submit a complaint with the Arizona SARA Council. The Arizona SARA Council has jurisdiction over Arizona SARA approved institutions regarding non-instructional complaints for out-of-state distance education students. Visit the AZ SARA Complaint Process website for more information.