Rio Salado College's GED® test preparation classes prepare you for pursuing your high school equivalency (HSE) diploma through the GED test. Passing the GED test provides HSE to those who did not finish high school. The test measures your knowledge and academic skills against those of today’s traditional high school graduates.
Earning your HSE diploma is the first step to continuing on to college. Rio Salado College will help you get there.
Online and Classroom Options
- In person GED test preparation classes for persons 16 years and older are taught in a supportive classroom setting at several locations in Maricopa County (Arizona). Some restrictions apply.
- Online GED test preparation classes. The online class is open to all students, regardless of residency status. It is taught only in English.
Four Subjects Reviewed
This non-credit class covers four subject areas of the test:
- Social Studies
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Reasoning through Language Arts
Note: Completion of a GED test preparation class does not guarantee that you will pass the GED test.
In-Person GED Test Preparation Class
- See Registering for Classes for low-cost fees and other information
- To pass the GED test in Arizona (and to graduate from any Arizona high school), a student must pass the Arizona Civics Test. This is required by the Arizona Department of Education whether you take the English or Spanish GED test version. Arizona Civics Test information
Online GED Test Preparation Class
- $125 charge for the online GED test preparation class.
- You also need to purchase an access code to log on to MyFoundationsLab, which is accessed through the college's RioLearn online learning portal.
- The cost of the access code is about $86. The code can be purchased in-person from the Rio Salado College Bookstore or by calling the bookstore at (480) 517-8710.
- Call 480-517-8540 to register for the class. Registration and access code fees are subject to change.
- You have access to RioLearn for 14 weeks after you enroll in the online class in which time you are expected to complete all of the coursework. However, if you do not complete the classwork within that period, you can re-enroll for $125. Your class will then be continued for an additional 14-week period.