Contact Your Assigned Advisor
An advisor helps you to identify specific classes to meet the requirements of your intended degree, certificate or program at Rio Salado College. You are required to speak with an advisor if you are pursuing any of these academic achievements.
Your advisor is assigned to you by the specific program and Field of Interest you are seeking at Rio Salado College. Your advisor can help you select classes and create a plan to complete your goal.
Identifying Your Assigned Advisor
- Log in to RioLearn.
- Your assigned academic advisor displays in the right column.
- See email and phone information for your assigned advisor. You can use the “schedule appointment” button to schedule a meeting with your advisor. The meeting can be done by phone, through Zoom, or online chat.
The name of your advisor displays within 24 hours of admission. If you do not see this information within that time frame, or have questions, please call 480-517-8580 or 800-729-1197.
Track Your Progress Online Tools
You can track your progress using online tools, including RioCompass and your Degree Progress Report in your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu. Your assigned academic advisor will help you make a plan for your educational and career goals aided by these tools.
Official transcripts for any classes you completed outside of the Maricopa Community Colleges network must be sent directly from that institution to Rio Salado college before they display on your Degree Progress Report (pending evaluation). The evaluation process takes up to 10 business days after your transcripts are received.
Are you new to Rio Salado College?
The New Student Orientation (NSO101) explores helpful topics, including college success tips, college policies and resources, financial literacy, wellness and how to navigate through your RioLearn classroom. RioLearn is the college's online learning portal. NS0101 is a free, non-credit resource to help you be successful in reaching your goals at Rio Salado. If you are new to Rio Salado College NSO101 will be automatically uploaded for you in RioLearn. If NSO101 does not appear for you in RioLearn please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get enrolled. It is estimated that NSO101 will take 1-2 hours to complete.
First Year Experience Courses
If you are new to Rio Salado College and the Maricopa Community Colleges as of Fall 2022 and pursuing a degree you will be required to take either FYE101 — Introduction to College, Career and Personal Success (1 credit) or FYE103 — Exploration of College, Career and Personal Success (3 credits) as part of your degree program. These courses are designed to help you learn how to succeed in your college courses and help you reach your career and educational goals.
For more information see First-Year Experience | Maricopa Community Colleges, or check out this video.
Registering for Classes
Before You Register for Classes, Learn about Block Calendar
If you plan to earn a degree or certificate at Rio Salado College, you must register for classes and choose a start date that will determine your Block Calendar. This video explains how the Block Calendar works.
Note: Rio Salado's system automatically drops any class in which you register that is set to start or end outside of your assigned block.
Prerequisite Requirement (for Some Classes)
If the class you want has a prerequisite requirement from outside the Maricopa Community Colleges network, you can submit unofficial transcripts along with the Prerequisite Verification Request Form.
How to Register for Classes
2. Click Manage Classes tile, then click Class Search and Enroll from the left menu. Select the college and term that you want to register for.
3. Enter your 5-digit class section number in the Search for Classes bar then click the arrow or the Enter key on your keyboard
If you do not see an arrow on the right, you may not have filled out the Student Admission Application for this college and should do so now.
4. Verify that the class that displays is the one you want. Click the blue hyperlink under “Class” to validate the days, times and enrollment requirements. If everything looks good, click anywhere on the class or click the arrow on the far right. Note: Please speak with your advisor to confirm that your courses will fit within your academic block.
5. From the dropdown menu, choose either Enroll or Add to Shopping Cart (if enrollment for this term has not begun yet). Click Submit
6. To add more classes, click the “return to Keyword Search page” link and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5.
7.Click “Student Center” to return and then Click the Financial Account tile to see any tuition and fees you may owe.
- Depending on when you register, you may have tuition due the same day you register. If you do not make payment arrangements by the due date, you will be dropped from your classes.
For assistance with the admissions application process, email email@example.com or call 480-517-8540.