Human Services-Assistance: Public Assistance Eligibility
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Human Services-Assistance: Public Assistance Eligibility program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills to meet basic job requirements in federal and state assistance programs. The courses will cover interviewing techniques, referrals, case management, and advanced eligibility determinations issues in medical, food stamps, and aid to families with dependent children.
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
- Describe the purpose and scope of assistance programs. (HSA113)
- Use a computerized eligibility system. (HSA113, HSA116, HSA118, HSA127, HSA131)
- Explain non-compliance procedures for various types of households. (HSA116)
- Explain policies and procedures for various types of eligibility determinations and referrals. (HSA116, HSA118, HSA127)
- Make eligibility determinations. (HSA116, HSA118, HSA127, HSA131)
- Compare and contrast the various types of application processes. (HSA116, HSA118, HSA131)
- Explain policies for dealing with various types of changes. (HSA116, HSA118, HSA131)
- Explain procedures for dealing with special cases. (HSA116, HSA118, HSA131)
- Summarize the process for completing nutrition assistance renewal interviews. (HSA131)
- Complete a case analysis on a nutrition assistance application where expenses exceed income. (HSA131)
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|HSA113||Family Assistance Administration (FAA) Introduction||2|
|HSA116||Nutrition Assistance Determination||3|
|HSA118||Medical Assistance Determination||3|
|HSA127||Nutrition Assistance Procedures||2|
|HSA131||Nutrition Assistance Renewals||2|
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.Read the official description