Attention: This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Law Enforcement Investigation is designed to prepare the law enforcement officer to become a specialist in the investigation of criminal activity and to successfully assist in prosecution. Courses address case management, legal aspects of interviewing, search and seizure, and courtroom presentations. Students will demonstrate skills related to these areas in a crime scene scenario.
Student must be Law Enforcement personnel or have permission of Program Director.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|LET225||Criminal Investigations Certification (6)|
|LET225AA||Criminal Investigations Certification I (1) AND|
|LET225AB||Criminal Investigations Certification II (1) AND|
|LET225AC||Criminal Investigations Certification III (1) AND|
|LET225AD||Criminal Investigations Certification IV (1) AND|
|LET225AE||Criminal Investigations Certification V (0.5) AND|
|LET225AF||Criminal Investigations Certification VI (0.5) AND|
|LET225AG||Criminal Investigations Certification VII (1)|
|LET254||Criminal Investigations Detective I (3) AND|
|LET255||Criminal Investigations Detective II (3)||6|
- Describe the skills needed to manage investigative case assignments. (LET225, LET225AA, LET254, LET255)
- Describe techniques for investigating specific categories of crime. (LET225, LET225AB, LET254)
- Describe the legal requirements for conducting searches. (LET225, LET225AB, LET254)
- Describe the legal requirements for conducting interviews, as well as the personal attributes of the officer necessary for a successful interview. (LET225, LET225AC, LET255)
- Describe the requirements for a complete investigative report. (LET225, LET225AD, LET254)
- Describe proper preparation for court testimony and proper behavior when testifying. (LET225, LET225AE, LET255)
- Describe motions and legal proceedings involved in court presentations. (LET225, LET225AE, LET255)
- Demonstrate the correct method of preserving and seizing computer evidence. (LET225, LET225AF, LET254)
- Demonstrate skills required to investigate and report a crime scene, including proper decision making regarding legal aspects. (LET225, LET225AG, LET254, LET255)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.