Attention: This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission. If you are interested in a career with this employer, click here for current job opportunities.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automobile Insurance: Sales program is designed to provide students with the training required for employment in the automobile insurance industry. Courses cover eligibility guidelines, rating factors, policy rates and quotes, policy coverage adjustment, underwriting procedures, and contract stipulations. Additional topics include state specific procedures, house and home, and the responsibilities of the automobile insurance member sales representative.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Summarize procedures for automobile insurance member services representatives.
- Explain and use foundational knowledge of insurance terms, contracts, and policies.
- Explain and practice discounting insurance rates for qualifying customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to adjust insurance coverage on an existing customer`s policy.
- Use vehicle operator rating factors to determine automobile policy rates.
- Use a computer to input and maintain customer data.
- Explain procedures for phone operation and direct sales computer systems.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Customer Service Representatives
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Part-time status is 11 credit hours or less.
|Course Number||Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Credits|
|CSR207||Automobile Policy Adjustment||3|
|CSR208||House and Home Customer Service||1|
|CSR209||State Specific Customer Service||1|
|CSR211||Auto Insurance Quotes||3|
|CSR212||Automobile Insurance Operations I||3|
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Automobile Insurance: Sales (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=164384).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.