Attention: This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission. If you are interested in a career with this employer, click here for current job opportunities.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automobile Insurance: Sales Services program is designed to provide students with the training required for employment in the automobile insurance industry. Courses cover direct sales procedures, quotes, and underwriting, as well as procedures for completing special lines requests. Additional topics include computer usage, customer service skills, and the responsibilities of the automobile insurance member services representative.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Demonstrate procedures for phone operation and required computer systems.
- Summarize procedures for automobile insurance member services representatives.
- Demonstrate effective customer service skills.
- Explain and use appropriate insurance terminology.
- Access information management tools in the provision of customer service.
- Demonstrate automobile insurance direct sales procedures.
- Explain procedures for sharing confidential information and security responsibilities.
- Compare and contrast types of auto insurance coverage.
- Demonstrate ability to provide quotes and underwriting information.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Customer Service Representatives
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|Course Number||Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Credits|
|CSR185||Insurance Industry Direct Sales Concepts||3|
|CSR186||Insurance Industry Direct Sales Procedures||Prerequisites: None. Corequisites: CSR185.||2|
|CSR200||Automobile Representative Customer Services||3|
|CSR204||Auto Insurance Quotes and Underwriting||3|
|CSR206||Special Lines Customer Service Procedures||Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division.||2|
|INS150||Introduction to Personal Lines Policies||Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division.||3|
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Automobile Insurance: Sales Services (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=164947).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.