Attention: This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Retail Pharmacy: Customer Service program is designed to provide students with the training needed for employment in the retail pharmacy industry. Topics covered in the curriculum include pharmacy benefit plans, billing and payment processes, and account management procedures. An emphasis is placed on completing mail order pharmacy customer service procedures.
This program is offered through an educational partnership. Employment by the partnership organization is required for admission.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses within the program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CSR139||Introduction to Retail Pharmacy Customer Care||3|
|CSR155||Retail Pharmacy Plans||3|
|CSR157||Mail Order Pharmacy Procedures||2|
- Explain the basic organizational structure of the retail pharmacy department. (CSR139)
- Explain state and federal laws governing controlled substances. (CSR139)
- Demonstrate customer care responsibilities in the retail pharmacy. (CSR139, CSR155, CSR157)
- Compare and contrast types of calls. (CSR139, CSR155, CSR157)
- Determine member eligibility status. (CSR139, CSR155, CSR157)
- Determine account drug coverage. (CSR155)
- Compare and contrast benefit plans. (CSR155)
- Complete a test claim. (CSR155)
- Maintain customer accounts. (CSR155, CSR157)
- Complete prior authorization procedures. (CSR157)
- Complete specialty orders. (CSR157)
- Complete billing processes. (CSR157)
- Complete billing and payment inquiries. (CSR157)
- Demonstrate procedures for completing mail order pharmacy procedures. (CSR157)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.