The Academic Certificate (AC) in K-12 Online Teaching is designed to provide K-12 teachers with a foundation for teaching online classes. Students will review online discipline issues, parental involvement and communication, and legal issues. Courses are also designed to prepare students to design and facilitate the online classroom experience. Courses may lead to Arizona Department of Education endorsement.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Must hold a provisional or standard elementary, or secondary, or special education teaching certificate.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ELN105||Classroom Management in K-12 eLearning (3) OR|
|ELN106||Discipline and Behavior in K-12 eLearning (3)||3|
|ELN107||Parent Communication and Involvement in K-12 eLearning||3|
|ELN108||Legal Issues in K-12 eLearning||3|
|ELN109||Engaging K-12 eLearners||3|
|ELN112||Methods of Building and Facilitating eLearning: 9-12||3|
|ELN113||Methods of Building and Facilitating eLearning: K-8||3|
- Summarize online discipline issues. (ELN105, ELN106, ELN112, ELN113)
- Evaluate strategies for involving parents in K-12 eLearning. (ELN107)
- Describe parent-teacher communication issues in eLearning. (ELN107)
- Review law and public policy related to compliance, student advocacy, and parental rights. (ELN107, ELN108)
- Explain legal issues and regulations regarding online classrooms. (ELN108)
- Describe phases of eLearning. (ELN109)
- Summarize engagement strategies for K-12 eLearning students. (ELN109)
- Explain copyright and intellectual property issues in eLearning. (ELN112, ELN113)
- Create an online syllabus. (ELN112, ELN113)
- Design online classroom activities. (ELN109, ELN112, ELN113)
- Assess online activities. (ELN112, ELN113)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.