Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

Military FAQs 3

FAQs related to these topics:

  • Transcripts and Degree Plans
  • Military and International Transcripts

To change your program of study (your degree plan), you must notify your military advisor (1-800-517-8590) to have a new RioCompass program checklist created. You also need to submit a Transcript Evaluation Form for any new program plan.

If you are a GoArmyEd student, you will need to use your VIA Tool to update your Degree Plan.

Go to, a free database of links to colleges/universities worldwide, to request transcripts from prior educational institutions.

Rio Salado College does not require you to send SAT/ACT test scores. High School Transcripts or GED equivalency; in addition, to previous College Credit needs to be submitted directly to our Admissions and Records.

Mail transcripts to:

  • Rio Salado College
    Admission and Records / Transcript Processing
    2323 W. 14th St.
    Tempe, AZ 85281-6950

For the purpose of a Transcript Evaluation Request, transcripts maybe Unofficial, however, if credit is applicable to the degree program, an official transcript must be sent to Admissions and Records directly from the institution or your education office.

Contact our Military Advisement Team:
Maricopa County students: (480) 517-8590
Toll-Free: (800) 517-8590

All military training and MOS/Rate duties will appear on your Joint Service Transcripts or CCAF transcript. These areas have been evaluated by the American Council on Education (ACE). An advisor at Rio Salado College will evaluate your military transcript, previous college courses, and CLEP/DANTES credits toward requirements of your degree or certificate goal. Keep in mind that not all training will be applicable toward your program of study. However, we will enter all military credits onto your Rio Salado College transcript.

When we receive your transcripts, we will evaluate them and complete your Student Agreement Form (SAF). As college transcripts arrive, we will update your SAF with any courses that apply toward your academic program.

Most transcripts from Puerto Rican colleges can be evaluated by a Rio Salado College advisor. Transcripts from colleges in other countries will need to be sent first to an international credential evaluation service. There will be a fee for this service. Here is a list of the links to several of these agencies: