Emergency Assistance Funds Are Available This Fall
The Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation Emergency Student Assistance fund is currently accepting applications. Currently enrolled Maricopa Community College students who are experiencing short-term, unforeseen financial hardship or dealing with urgent expenses that may impact their academic success can apply to receive up to $200 in emergency assistance funds. These funds do not have to be paid back.
Types of expenses* covered:
- Required books
- Bus pass
- Car repair
- Personal hygiene supplies
- School supplies
*Current semester expenses only.
Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Eligible students may receive funds only once per semester. To be eligible, students must:
- be in good standing with the College (minimum 2.0 GPA);
- be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours or in a clock hour program at any MCC;
- must include documentation associated with the emergency on the application (i.e. utility bill, auto repair bill, rental agreement, etc);
- and they must complete and submit the online Emergency Assistance Fund Application.
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis. Decisions will be communicated to students via their @maricopa.edu accounts. Please note that funds will not be directly deposited into students' accounts: they will be most commonly disbursed in the form of e-gift cards. Submission of the application does not guarantee funding.
The deadline to apply for fall is Dec. 17, 2021. You can apply via this online form.
Please direct any questions about these emergency assistance funds to email@example.com.
Funding application submission windows:
Fall 2021: 8/31/2021 - 12/17/2021
Spring 2022: 1/24/2022 - 5/13/2022