After your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is received by the Rio Salado College Financial Aid Office, you may be asked to provide additional documentation to complete the application. The Financial Aid Office will notify you through your To Do List if more documentation is required. Your To Do List is located online in your Student Center.
Financial aid is not offered to you until all of your To Do List items are complete.
To Do List items will display as hyperlinks on the right side of your Student Center.
- Check your To Do List at least once a week to see if new tasks are displayed
- Review your list carefully and submit information exactly as requested
- Completed tasks will no longer be displayed in your To Do List
If You are Selected for Verification
The U.S. Department of Education may flag your FAFSA for a process called "verification." If you are selected for verification, Rio Salado's Financial Aid Office is required to collect additional information from you to ensure that the information provided on the FAFSA is accurate.
Learn more about the verification process.
Tips for Success
- Click on the items in the To Do List, read the information about the requirements. Follow the directions to submit documentation.
- If your submission contains missing or insufficient information, the Financial Aid Office adds an Additional Information request in your To Do List. A lack of proper information usually results in delays.
- Check the progress of your submissions by visiting your online Student Center and your Official Student email.
- Keep records of anything you submit, such as confirmations. You could be asked to resend your information.