There are several ways to pay for your tuition at Rio Salado College, including:
- Financial aid
- College scholarships
- Payment plans that allow you to pay as you learn
- Full payment
- Third party payment
- Tuition waiver
Descriptions for each of these options are featured below.
Financial aid can help eligible students pay for college expenses. The Financial Aid office at Rio Salado will work with you to help you understand and access the funding options available to help you pay for college.
A scholarship is a financial award given to a student on the basis of academic achievement and promise. Rio Salado maintains a list of scholarship opportunities available for students.
A payment plan lets you make payments toward your tuition costs on a flexible schedule while you attend classes. NelNet administers this service for the college.
You can make payments using a:
- Credit or debit card - Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover
- Checking or savings account
Enrolling in a Payment Plan
To enroll in a payment plan:
- Log into your Student Center
- Under Finances, select My Payment Options
- Follow the prompts for enrolling in a payment plan
Important Information About Payment Plans
- There is a non-refundable enrollment fee of $20 per semester for a payment plan.
- Your payment plan can be terminated if the enrollment fee or required down payment is returned for any reason.
- You will be charged a $30 returned payment fee for each returned payment.
- If you make changes to your student account, your payment plan can be affected. These changes include:
- An adjustment in your financial aid award
- Changing the length of a class (for example, changing a 16-week class to an 8-week class)
- Disputed payments
Students can pay tuition in full by phone, in person, online or by mail.
Third Party Agency Payment
Third party agency payments through employer sponsored tuition assistance, or authorization for billing letters are also accepted. The tuition assistance, or authorization letter can be faxed, emailed or mailed to the Student Business Services office. When we receive an approved letter, we hold your classes for you until the billing process is complete. If payment is not received by the due date, Rio Salado may place a hold on your account and ask you to contact your agency. Any unpaid charges may be put back on your account and be due immediately.
Maricopa employees who are eligible can download the Tuition Waiver form. Please submit the most updated version. Outdated waivers are not accepted. Employees are responsible for paying the $15 registration fee and any other class fees. Received waivers are not applied until all other required fees are paid. Tuition waivers cannot be used for non-credit classes.
Non-payment of Tuition
You may be dropped from your classes for non-payment if your tuition payment is not received by the due date. Student tuition and fees are due 10 calendar days prior to the start of class. If you register for a class that is scheduled to start in less than 10 days, you must pay on the day you register. All balances must be paid prior to future enrollments.
Tuition due dates are available in your Student Center.