Rio Salado’s Testing Centers are closed to all in-person services until further notice. The Testing Department is remotely processing midterm and final exams for the following courses: BIO, FON, SSH, SUS, EDU, EEP and MNT. The Accuplacer Advanced Algebra and Functions and CELSA exams for Course Placement are also offered remotely. Click here to submit a request for your exam. For other Rio course exams, please contact your instructor. For all other exam info and proctoring services, please contact us directly. We are open remotely by phone/email to answer your questions.
The results and your academic background and goals and interests, are used by academic advisors and counselors to place you in the appropriate college courses. Placements tests are no charge to students.
Hours and Locations
ACCUPLACER Next Generation assessments are:
Preparing and Taking Test
The links below are intended to provide study material, they in no way guarantee or predict success on the ACCUPLACER Next Generation placement test.
- Placement testing is available at Rio Salado Testing Centers conveniently located throughout Maricopa County.
- Students living outside of Maricopa County may request to have their exams proctored at an approved proctor site.
- Testing is available only on a walk-in basis. Arrive at least 60 minutes before the posted closing hours.
- You must have a current, valid, recognizable, state or federal issued photo ID and Student ID number.
- Multiple-choice format with the exception of the WritePlacer®, a written essay assessment
- Computer-adaptive. Questions are selected based on your skill level. The response to one question determines the difficulty level of the following question.
- Ungraded, untimed placement tests
- You are permitted one retest in English, reading or math level after at least a 24-hour waiting period. One additional re-test is permitted no sooner than three months from the oldest valid score date at any course placement testing site.
- Complete Enrollment
- Review the study material below on this page.
- Take your test at any of the nine Rio Salado Testing Centers located throughout Maricopa County.
- Students living outside Maricopa County may request to have their exams proctored at an approved proctor site.
- FAQs - Exam Proctoring guidelines and process
- After testing, you will receive a printout with your test scores. Your test scores are also available in your Student Center at My.maricopa.edu and in RioCompass.
- The (MCCCD) Placement Chart can help you understand your scores.
- Course placement scores, with the exception of the reading exemption scores, are valid for two years from the date of the original or retest assessment.
- We will accept ACCUPLACER Next Generation scores from other colleges if the test was taken within the last two years. Have the school where you took the test fax the score report to Academic Advising: (480) 377-4899.