Note: No exceptions are made to the following testing procedures (Please see client regulations for additional details regarding procedures for your specific exam. There may be deviations for non-Rio Salado exams):
- Identification: You must have a current, valid and recognizable state or federal issued photo ID.
- Lockers: All materials and personal belongings must be secured in a locker, including drinks (except clear water bottles), hats, sunglasses, watches and jewelry. Any exceptions are noted on the directions of the exam. Gum chewing is not allowed in the testing center.
- Computer usage: Computers are used for taking online exams. You may not browse to or open any outside sources on the computer during your test.
- Scratch paper: Scratch paper is available depending on the exam.
- Test monitoring: You will be monitored by a proctor and video surveillance.
- Disruptive behavior: Any student acting in a disruptive manner will be asked to leave the testing room.
- No children allowed: For security reasons, children under the age of 18 years old are not allowed in the Testing Center, unless supervised by an adult.
MCCCD Administrative Regulation 2.4.10 Children on Campus Children (younger than 18) may not attend any class unless they are officially registered for the class. Children will not be allowed on campus unless participating in an authorized college program or under the supervision of an adult.
- No breaks while testing: The exam must be completed in one sitting. You may not begin the exam, then leave and come back at a later time to finish. THERE ARE NO RESTROOM BREAKS ALLOWED FOR RIO SALADO STUDENTS DURING THE TEST.
- Timed tests: Midterm and final exams are timed. You may have up to three hours to complete the exam. Each section of the test may be timed separately. However, time does not roll over between sections. For other types of tests, check with the testing technician for time limits.
- Surrender tests and materials: Exams are collected when the testing center closes. You must turn in all testing materials, including scratch paper, to the Testing Technician/Proctor before you leave.
- Time waiver: By signing into the Testing Center you acknowledge the Testing Center hours of operation. All exams must be submitted by the time the Testing Center closes regardless of your exam’s allotted time.
- Academic misconduct: You must adhere to Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) Academic Misconduct (AR 2.3.11) regulations that prohibit cheating. If you are suspected of academic misconduct, your exam will be voided. The matter will be referred to your faculty chair for further review, and if applicable, disciplinary action.
- Scores: Testing is not authorized to give guidance regarding scores received and/or advise on the next step of a current/potential area of study. Please consult with an academic advisor or counselor for guidance.
Students with Disabilities
If you have a documented disability and may require testing accommodations, register with Rio Salado’s Disability Services Office.