Transfer to Arizona State University
MAPP MyPath2ASU™ is designed for students who want to start their education at a Maricopa community college and complete their bachelor’s degree at Arizona State University (ASU). Through MAPP, you follow a prescribed sequence of coursework at Rio Salado College to meet lower-division course requirements for an ASU major. Rio Salado students are guaranteed admission to ASU degree programs when all MAPP requirements are met.
Use personalized course-by-course transfer maps that are curated to take the guesswork out of transfer work. MyPath2ASU™ assists you in selecting the right courses to take at your current transfer institution for your ASU bachelor’s degree.
Benefits of MAPP MyPath2ASU™
- Save time and money
- 400+ on-ground and online pathways
- Maximize your transfer credits
- Receive personalized guidance to stay on track
*Maricopa to ASU Pathways Program Terms
- Work with your community college and ASU advisors to monitor MAPP progress.
- Complete the MAPP with a specified GPA and meet any special requirements.
- Complete the MAPP in a period not to exceed three years.
- Agree that your student academic data and advising information may be shared between your community college and ASU.
- Verify completion of the MAPP requirements with an advisor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why should I follow a MAPP?
The MAPP is a tool that outlines a prescribed sequence of classes for you to take at the community college to prepare you for your desired degree at ASU. The MAPP outlines all of the specific classes that are required for your ASU degree. This will help you to know which classes you can take at the community college. Each MAPP has an Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) and an associate degree built into it and the necessary grade point average (GPA) for the program.
- Can I get any degree I want?
At this time, MAPPs are being developed for the most popular ASU majors for community college transfer students. For a list of MAPPs that are currently available, please visit: https://admission.asu.edu/transfer/maricopa. More MAPPs will be developed over time.
- What if I’m undecided and don’t have a major yet?
The MAPP program is designed for students who have already selected a major and know what they want to study. If you are unsure of your major, please meet with your academic advisor or a career services staff member to determine the best major for you. Since a MAPP outlines all of the courses required for a particular degree, a MAPP can be a great way to compare majors and find the best fit for you.
- Can I go to any of the Maricopa Community Colleges?
The MAPPs are applicable to any of the ten Maricopa Community Colleges.
- How much does it cost?
There is no cost to sign up for the MAPP program. While you are at the community college, you will pay community college tuition and fees. While you are at ASU, you will pay university tuition and fees.
Talk to an Academic Advisor
Contact your ASU Transfer Admission Counselor