Free, in person tutoring for currently enrolled Rio Salado students is available at:
- Rio Salado College Tempe, Tutoring Center (480) 517-8247
- Rio Salado College Surprise, Lifelong Learning Center (480) 377-4250
- Rio Salado College Northern, Math Emporium (480) 377-4213
What You can Expect
In person tutoring sessions are available only on a drop-in basis. You get expert, one-on-one help from a tutor when you need it. The center doesn’t accept appointments (with the exception of Google Meet Statistics students).
Because students are served on a first-come, first-served basis, you may occasionally need to wait to see a tutor. However, the spacious center does have student stations with computers and quiet study rooms you can use while you wait (and any other time the center is open).
- Drop in the Tutoring Center any time during the center’s general business hours to meet with a tutor on a first-come, first-served basis
- Appointments are not accepted at the Tutoring Center
Before You Go: Prepare for Your Tutoring Session
Be sure to bring any items (reading materials, notes or course descriptions, etc.) that can help your tutor help you.
- Review the Tutoring Center Policies before you go to the Tutoring Center to learn what to expect during your visit.
- Read The Role of a Tutor in Your Learning below.
The Role of a Tutor in Your Learning
The role of the tutor is to provide you with skills and tools that help you succeed in your learning journey. Tutors do not do your work for you. Here are examples of tasks that are not the responsibility of a tutor:
- Completing your homework and assignments
- Making up for missed classes/assignments/prerequisite courses
- Completing tests (including take-home or make-up tests)
- Line-by-line correcting, editing, proofreading or translating of your work
- Teaching you material that is not included in your coursework
- Covering a semester’s worth of work in the days leading up to your final exams
- Commenting on your instructor’s feedback or grades you may have received