This page focuses on policies for using the Tutoring Center at Rio Salado College Tempe.
Putting Students First
The Tutoring Center has established the following policies to provide tutoring services to you in a fair and consistent manner:
- Only currently enrolled Rio students qualify for free tutoring services at Rio Salado College
- You must be currently enrolled in the Rio Salado College classes for which you are requesting tutoring
- You must sign in and out electronically at the Tutoring Center using your MEID number
- Services at the Tutoring Center are on a “first come-first served” basis. There may be times you have to wait to meet with a tutor. However, the center features student study stations with computers and quiet study rooms you can use while you wait (and use any other time the center is open).
Before You Go: Your Responsibilities
Be prepared before you come to the Tutoring Center for assistance.
- Read assigned texts and lessons and complete as much of the assignment as you can.
- Bring any items you will need for the tutoring session with you, such as textbooks or calculators.
- Do not bring food or drinks (except bottled water) into the center.
- Silence your phone before entering the center. Cell phone use is not allowed in the center.
- Review The Role of a Tutor in Your Learning to familiarize yourself with what a tutor can and cannot do to assist with your learning.
Test Preparation Services
The Tutoring Center provides test preparation services through EdReady to improve your readiness for classes or careers requiring college math or English.